1. Is internal hard drive a must if we want to record?
YES. System must install in internal hard drive to save recordings. Without an internal hard drive, system is not able to record nor play back.
2. Is an external USB hard drive able to record?
NO. System can only record to internal hard drive and can NOT record to external USB hard drive.
3. Is an external USB hard drive able to back up video from internal hard drive?
YES. You can connect a USB hard drive to system to back up video from internal hard drive.
4. Can we remove internal hard drive and install it to a computer to read video?
NO. If you install the internal hard drive from DVR to a computer, the computer will ask to format hard drive and formatting will erase all files in hard drive.
5. Where can we play back video in hard drive?
You can play back video in hard drive on TV or monitor. Besides, you can also play video on phone app and computer.